Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Snow Day, Take 2

Even though I'm ready for spring, I'll take a snow day! This snow day delivered more inches of the white stuff than our snow day in November and Lily was thrilled! We got out in the snow right away...

- walking down our snow-covered street:
- trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue:
- doesn't everyone play soccer in the snow?!
We took a walk to our closest park, which turned out to be one of my favorite walks ever. A quiet walk; the only sounds we could hear were the crunching of our boots in the snow, an occasional happy shriek from neighborhood kids playing out in the snow. I should say, a relatively quiet walk, because we all know that Lily is not a quiet child. Whether it's one of her elaborate narrative stories or a running synopsis of her latest playdate, Lily has a lot to say. On this walk, I was acutely aware of how much she's growing up. Her questions and comments were philosophical. Lily wonders so much about the world around her and it's amazing to watch her learn and grow. She was asking questions like, "Where is God?" "What is heaven?" "Do animals get sad when they're alone?" "What makes someone a friend?" and others too heart-wrenching to share. There's a lot going on in that little head of hers and I sincerely hope I can give the answers she needs justice.

At the park, we found this burst of color peeking out from under the snow during a brief moment of clearing:

And, here is a series of pictures of her throwing snowballs at me:





Ahhh, the wonder of snow days and other big things in life through a three-and-a-half-year-old's eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment