Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lily's First Trip to Disneyland!

Yes, finally, the post with pictures from our wonderful trip to Disneyland! I'm blaming it solely on summer. I've been too busy spending amazing time with Lily and haven't wanted to get down to the business of blogs and such. That being said, we had an amazing time in the Happiest Place on Earth, and it's time to show it off!

Early this summer, our family took a great trip to Disneyland to celebrate lots of fun things - Lily's first trip, my mom's retirement, a few June birthdays, and just plain having fun. We made the trip with Boppy and GrandDad (my mom and dad), and Uncle Bill and Aunt Ashley (my brother and sister-in-law). We spent three days in Disneyland/California Adventure. Six adults and one kid - a great way to do Disneyland - everyone got the chance to do what they wanted at some point during the trip.


I had a hard time with the way the pictures turned out after the first day. You know me - I need lots of pictures and they better be interesting, beautiful, artistic, etc. I finally realized that was not going to be totally possible. To achieve that kind of photography I really couldn't be in the moment. I decided I'd rather enjoy the wonder and excitement I could only see through really being with Lily and not on the other side of a camera. That being said, I still love the pictures, though they won't win any awards. And, better yet, I had a fantastic time with Lily and my family!



Without further ado - the pictures of our trip:

First - Lily's favorite rides -

Dumbo - her very favorite!

The carousels - a close second.

Thankfully Daddy has a stronger stomach than Mommy because she liked the teacups!

Jumpin' Jellyfish at California Adventure - she was not afraid of heights!

She absolutely loved Autopia! She loves that she got to drive a car - a blue convertible!

On to the characters - Lily was not so keen on the characters on the first day, but on the second and third day we were on the hunt to find every character we could to snag their autograph and a picture. Here are a few of her favorites:
Mickey of course!
Donald Duck!

Tinkerbell and Rosetta

The Princesses -
Cinderella - she was my favorite, very princess like

Ariel - one of Lily's favorites!

Princess Aurora, aka Sleeping Beauty - Lily's other favorite

The whole crew with Pluto at Goofy's Kitchen for a fabulous breakfast!

One of Lily's favorite experiences with going to the Princess Fantasy Faire. She got to watch a Royal Coronation and learn a dance from some of the princesses - Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora. Then she got to take part in the maypole dance with the princesses.



We got to see a parade called Soundsational! Lily loved watching the floats go by and waving to the characters.


The food in Disneyland is, of course, outrageous, but we tried to do a good job of seeking out the fun places to eat:

The Blue Bayou, inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride - on my mom's birthday

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ - dinner and a show!

We weren't overly thrilled with California Adventure, but we did enjoy a few things - the new Ariel ride was tops on Lily's list; Jeremy, Bill, Ashley, and I braved the California Screamin' roller coaster; Jeremy, Bill, and Ashley avoided getting wet on the water ride; and Lily, my mom, and I enjoyed the World of Color lights and water fountain show:

Some pics around Disneyland:

on the trolley in Toon Town


MaryAnne, Jeremy, and Lily in front of the castle

Visiting Disneyland is hard work, so every girl takes a little rest during the day -
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.."

All in all, it was a great trip to Disneyland for everyone, and an unbelievable fun time for Lily's first trip.
She can't wait to go back again! And, guess what? Neither can I!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lily, YOU are the perfect little Disneyland princess! MaryAnne, what are you talking about? Your photos are awesome, as usual. I especially like Lily in the striped shirt at the BBQ place.

    ReplyDelete