Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Hope You Dance

Lily recently completed her first dance class, called My Buddy and Me. The little girls were paired with middle schoolers who helped them participate in the dance process. Lily and her little friends loved their dance class. It was filled with fun songs and lots of twirling. At the end of May, Lily's class was part of the dance studio's recital. Below are pictures I took at practice sessions and the dress rehearsal.

Lily was filled with enthusiasm and spirit during dance classes and the recital. She loved being on stage. You gotta love her zest for life!

(I Hope You Dance lyrics by Lee Ann Womack)

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder...
(Lily and her buddy, Kyndra, practicing the recital dance.)

You get your fill to eat, but always keep that hunger...
(Lily and her friends at rehearsal.)

May you never take one single breath for granted...
(Lily and the little girls crawling like bugs.)

God forbid love ever leave you empty handed...
(The little girls in this picture with Lily are her friends, daughters of my friends.)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean...
(The little girls and their buddies.)

Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens...
(Lily and her buddy Kyndra.)

Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance...
(Lily posing in 5th position, her favorite position.)

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...
(Perhaps my favorite picture of the bunch, a sweet thoughtful moment.)

I hope you dance!
(An accurate picture of Lily's joy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment